Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Farm Fresh With Graphic 45

Hi!
I'm sooo excited to share with you my latest mini album inspired by Graphic 45 "Home Sweet Home" Papers. As some of you may already know I have been trying to purge all my Graphic 45 papers since I have hoarded them for so long. I happy to say I so glad to let them go because they are so beautiful. This mini album was inspired by my daughter. It was her birthday this past weekend and I asked her what she wanted to have for dinner? She told me she had two favorite homemade dinners and couldn't decide on which one she wanted more....


Needless to say, she picked one and that is when I decided that I need to have a cookbook with not only my recipes but both Grandmothers legendary recipes that need to be passed down into the family. I was thinking not only are pictures important....but so are family traditions.  



The front cover...I went a bit crazy with all the flowers and I also wanted to place a key hole in the front...representing "The Key Ingredient" 


On the spine I had thought of adding some charms but then I decided to show off that beautiful paper. The green roses I have had for a while, I think they look like cabbages! Perfect for my theme....LOL


The actual chipboard album is 7inches wide x 2 inches spine  x 5 inches high. 
There is ribbon on the edges to ties it together 


The back of the album with more flowers and my personal stamp "Handmade With Love"


Another angle of the back showing some dimension 


First inside page, lots of flowers and several cute tags for photos or recipes that are part of the collection.  The green leaves are from Cheery Lynn Designs Die cuts. 
The Graphic 45 tags are5 x 5 inches and this part of the album was inspired by Donna Espirtu.
I didn't want the tags hanging out but I loved the look and they are already to go...decorate and ribbons. Boy or boy did I have to read about making a spine for the inside! LOL I thought I knew how...nope! I tore it all apart and found a great video on You Tube you can find HERE
Thank you! 


Second page, you can see one of the recipes here. It does come out. I added the borders using a Martha Stewart punch, distressed the edges with vintage ink and added some borders to the bottoms.


I have approximately 12 favorite recipes to go in the album. I placed one in the back and then on the bottom cut up the stamps and placed pop dots behind them 


Another hidden recipe and more tags...


I have had this set of chipboard wooden roller and whisk that I have been saving to use with these papers...I just inked them with the same vintage ink and placed them in the pockets. 


The back inside of the album...also with my husband's favorite holiday cookie recipe...


With the album open...lots of room for more recipes! 
Hope you enjoyed! 
I will try to make a You Tube Video soon!
Have a great day!
Hugs Lisa 

1 comment:

Lisa Lynn said...

Lisa, WOW that is such a great album and will be a great keepsake! The papers are perfect!